Tuesday, January 29, 2008

He's Back!

The Vin Man is back in action! After his fever broke last Thursday night he has been on the road to recovery. By Sunday morning is full appetite was back and he ate 2 banana pancakes, 2 pieces of bacon, a cup of veggie juice, and some crunchy cereal.

This week he has been playing all over the house and chattering away as usual. He is practicing numbers and letters right now so oftentimes I'll hear "free", "fouf", "fife", or "eff", "gee", "ooo". I prefer this version of him to the other more sickly guy. It's a blessing and exhausting to have him back.

Today for breakfast I figured it's about time I let him try eating with a spoon. I've been avoiding teaching him this very important life skill for the mere fact that it is very, very, very messy. It was not as bad as I'd expected. He did a great job eating oatmeal and yogurt.




1 comment:

  1. I love reading all about Vin as you guys are so far away, and I can't visit you. He is so handsome, and he totally acts like his mom did when she was little!!!! It is fun to hear about his day-to-day activities. Thanks for the opportunity to share in your days....especially since I lived in Okinawa from April 1972 until September 1974. Ye gads, that was a LONG TIME AGO!

    ReplyDelete