Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Schrock Day Afternoon

I love the afternoon at our house. Rob comes home for lunch most days at noon and stays for 45 minutes. During that time all 4 of us eat our lunch together. After he leaves; Vivi falls asleep, Vin watches a Signing Time video, and I clean up the dishes. We clean, fuss, scream, play, change diapers, etc. until 2:00 or 3:00. Then it is nap time.

Vivi sleeps in her room and Vin crawls up into the “big bed” with me. I love having nap time to snuggle and reconnect calmly with my little man. We cuddle and sing songs till we fall asleep. It is wonderful.

We usually sleep until right around 4:00 or what I like to call Oprah time! At four I turn on the TV, get dinner started, grab a cup of coffee, and sit on the sofa to watch Oprah. Of course I don’t sit for long because Vivi wants to eat, diapers need changing, and laundry needs folding…but I feel like I’m having a coffee break.

Today is a rainy day and we’ve spent the whole day inside. Naptime started earlier so we actually got to sit and watch Oprah. I had my coffee and watched Oprah talk to Suze Orman about saving money, my most favorite topic in the entire world.

Vivi enjoyed the swaying comfort of her swing.


Vin enjoyed the crunchy goodness of caramel corn compliments of Ggma Doris. Popcorn is his most favorite food in the entire world.




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness those babies are beautiful. I love them both. You're a good mommy! Love you

    ReplyDelete