Saturday, July 4, 2009

Family Update - June 2009

This past month has been very busy for our little family. Rob is getting ready to go on a “trip” so he has been working a lot. He is leaving Tues for about 6 weeks. Then when he gets home we get to go on vacation! We are headed to CA to visit family and take a cruise to Mexico with my Mom, sister, and brother. We have 20 days to spend as a family before we head back to Japan and Rob is off on another “trip”.

I am on a weight loss kick so I am reading food labels and going to the gym. I joined a gym co-op so I can work out and share babysitting duties with a group of Moms. It works out great; I babysit 3 days a month and get to work out 2 hours a day for the rest of the month while other Mom’s babysit my kids. I’ve lost about 18 pounds in the past 11 weeks. ..It’s working out great! I’m gearing up now for my first stint as a single parent of 2 children. It should be a challenge, but I’m prepared…I think! :)

And now the fun stuff…our kidlets…





Vincent

As he is nearing his 3rd birthday he seems to be developing in leaps and bounds. He loves to jump whenever he can and is always quick to congratulate himself by saying “good jumping.”

He has a lot of wonderful Vin phrases, like:

"Hug you!"
"Oh oh baby puke!"
"It's so great!"
"Good jumping/walking/marching/swimming/swaying/hiking/running....!"
"Bah!"
"Be excuse me!"
"I go a room."
"I sleep good."
"Miss you a sleeping."
"Big one!"
"What do you say?", "Be polite.", "Ask nice."
"I so prow-va you!"


Tonight we watched the fireworks from our balcony and he had so much fun. Rob was holding him and he chattered the whole time:

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaw!", "Oooooooooooo"
"It's dark in here" (we were outside, at night, lol)
"Watch! Watch! Faworks!"
"I see orange/blue/white/pink...."


His hair is finally growing back in and it is a scragly mess. We may never be able to trim it up though because we traumatized him and ourselves so much the last time. We may have to wait till we get back to the states and can trick him with one of those fancy kids only salons with the racecar chairs.



He is still in love with letters, numbers, and shapes. He loves holding them, organizing them, and talking about them. He recites them at every opportunity, even in the bathtub.




His biggest accomplishment so far has been potty training. He is doing a great job! He has graduated to the big potty and makes it about 97% of the time. He is mastering the underwear techniques and asking to go potty. He wears underwear all the time now but when we go out I put these crazy plastic sauna pants over them so he does not have accidents all over everything. I am VERY ready for this milestone to be completed. I am sick to death of talking about pee and poop. I am hoping to have him completely potty trained by the time we go on vacation.

He’s a joker though…the other day I asked him to put his underwear back on and this is the response I got…



The best part about hanging out with Vin is that he is so fun to talk to. He repeats a lot of what we say, counts, recites, and sings all day long.

His favorite thing to watch on YouTube is Ladybug Picnic.


Vivianne



She is starting to roll from side to side and grab things with her hands. She loves to grab on to a chain of plastic links with a rattle on the end and fling it all over the place. It looks like she will be rolling completely over some day very soon.




She is absolutely a Daddy girl and lights up whenever she sees Rob. He is already the overprotective Dad and tells her everyday that “little boys are the devil.” We are going to have to watch out for her and train her well because she already loves to be snuggled and kissed.

She smiles and laughs often and loves to scream as loud as she can just for fun. It is an amazingly high pitched little girl shreek. Cute, but super loud!



Tonight she ate baby oatmeal for the first time. She got the hang of it quickly and ate nearly 5 tablespoons worth. She is growing up so fast we can hardly believe it. She is such a sweetie that all the Moms in the playgroup always compliment me on how good she is. I thank God everyday that my kids talk like me but have the even temperament of their father.




Well, it’s 2am now and I need to go to bed…Rob will be up for work in 3 hours and Vin will be up for the day in 4. I had coffee today so I am still buzzing…mmmmm coffee….or as Vin says “Mama juice, HOT!”


No comments:

Post a Comment