Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What is the meaning of all this..

OK, here’s the thing…I have stuff to say and I want someone to listen. I enjoy writing, always have, and I have had many people over the years tell me that I should write. I’ve been told I write well, that I am funny, and that I have interesting stories to tell. I keep thinking that if I write this blog it will become like the audition phase of American Idol. I will be like one of those people who have had family and friends tell them that they are a good singer but in all actuality have a voice that can make dogs howl. I’m positive that if I write I will get blog comments from the likes of Simon Cowell telling me that the drivel I am writing is just pure rubbish.

I have a voice and I want to write. I’m not sure that anything I have to say will be inherently interesting or profound but I have had an overwhelming desire lately to just get it out there. I’m not sure if it will speak to anyone but I know that it will be a growing process for me.

I’ve been writing for a long time but have always censored myself because I was afraid of what someone would think if they read it. I have not been true to myself. As I am getting older I am learning that it is okay to be whoever I want to be. In the past 10 years as a “grown-up” I have had the amazing pleasure of meeting some fantastic women who I believe are my true friends. No matter the time, situation, topic, whatever, they have always been there with their words of wisdom or voice of confrontation. I love these women and I think that putting my stuff out there is a huge step for me because of them. They have taught me that even if I put my foot in my mouth or step out of some conventional line, they love me anyway. It will be a process for me to write and be completely honest but it is something I have always wanted to do.

I am officially starting this blog so that I can put my thoughts “on paper” and hopefully find someone out there who can identify with or even challenge me.

I am not going to officially announce to my family that I am writing this. I think that their opinions are part of the reason I censor. I will however send an e-mail to the strong female friends that I have made over the years and invite them to join me as a wonder.

This is going to be a trip for me. It will be very random. Sometimes I want to share something as simple as a recipe I’ve tried or something silly I’ve seen. Sometimes I get a “bee in my bonnet” and have a lot to say. Then sometimes I just wonder.

When we were kids we would say to our Mom, “I was wondering”, to which she would reply, “Don’t wonder too far or you might get lost.”

The ultimate point of writing for me has now become wondering so I don’t get lost.

5 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    What you are feeling, I believe, is something that every other person on earth has felt. We all have a place inside ourself where there are thoughts that we want someone to listen to without judging who we are or how it sounds. I think life is lonely. I believe that we all want to find someone to connect with, to share with, to talk to, and KNOW that the person knows us and likes who we are. We all want to be accepted for what is inside us and to be valued for our thoughts. I think you are very brave to do this. I support you and love you. I have known you since you were in kindergarten, and I believe in you. Count me in as someone who finds your blog important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. I was going through old pics today...found some bell jeffers. I will email them when i scan them or take pictures of them. I got this on my rss feed now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud you for taking this step, Chelle. It all comes down to feeling validated! We ALL want that & I'm so glad that you're doing this. I'll definitely check in to read all about your wonders. xoxox Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chelle! (Jesse, didn't remember my blogspot login!) Love you bunches, and miss you terribly... I promise to say more later, trying to spend time with the kids before they leave tomorrow for 2 weeks! Kisses, babycakes... Love, Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Michelle! LOVE your blog already - and you seriously had me cracking up over here in McT :) Keep on writing - I'm a loyal fan already! :)

    ReplyDelete